I have just spent a week in West Wales. I didn’t buy any stuff (although I did buy som gin). I did lots on non stuff buying activities including doing a days volunteering at the Teifi Valley railway, we visited it and one of the volunteers was saying it was hard getting people to cut the grass. I have had a fair bit of grass cutting experience so I offered them a days labour. As a result I spent a day mowing grass and cleaning up and as a treat got to be a guard on the train. So much more fun than buying something.
- Have a go in the free foot massage chair
- Catch the driverless skytrain, stand up the front and pretend to be the driver
- Go to the cactus garden and check out the succulents, watch the lightning and feel the warm rain
- Visit the butterfly garden and watch the butterflies emerge
- Charge all your devices at the free charging stations
- Catch a koi carp (perhaps better just to look, you can get fined for not flushing the dunny here)
- Use the free (if a little slow) wifi
- Have another go on the foot massager
Times up best get back on the plane….
Well I have been super slack at posting but now I am stuck in an airport waiting for a plane (unsurprisingly) so I have lots of time and a little bit of temptation. After all what do you do when you are waiting for a plane?
There are really limited options for entertainment at an airport especially when you would really rather be in bed.
- I have observed my fellow passengers, especially one who was walking around in circles, not in a lost way but in a bit of a mad way.
- I have purchased coconut water because it seemed like a good idea.
- I have walked around checking out the airport- most of which seems to be boarded up but something exciting is coming soon!
- I have sorted my bag into stuff I really might need on the plane as opposed to the stuff I don’t trust to the baggage handlers.
- And I have checked out the shops selling that weird stuff you can only get in airports, mini toiletries, adapters, ear plugs, a variety of pillows, bold, puzzle books, magazines, sweets, mini phone chargers, the list goes.
Normally I would be tempted by at least one over priced piece of airport tat but not this year, this year I am above all that so the coconut water and a certain smugness will have to keep me entertained